CLASS: KNITTED SOCKS THAT ROCK!
Learn to knit rockin' socks! This class is the most requested class at the shop. Register early for your spot as class space is limited.
Three 3 hour sessions will guide you through the sock knitting process from choosing your yarn & needles, sizing and casting on to turning the perfect heel to finishing the foot and toe. You will have knitted a pair of socks in no time. A perfect for holiday gift giving!
- Saturday, November 4 from 2-5 pm
- Saturday, November 18 from 2-5 pm
- Saturday, December 2 from 2-5 pm
- $60.00 includes THREE 3 hour classes, individualized instruction and a free pattern
- 400 yards of sock weight yarn
- US 2 double point needles or or US 2 40" circular needle for using the Magic Loop method (or size needed to get gauge)
- Stitch markers
- Row counter
- Darning needle
- Purchase and download Fish Lips Kiss Heel on Ravelry. See Homework for details.
1. We will be using a wonderful technique to easily fit and knit the heel. Purchase and download the Fish Lips Kiss Heel by The Sox Therapist. Fish Lips Kiss Heel is available for purchase for $1.00 on Ravelry here. Print pages 9, 10, & 11 and bring them to class.
2. Stop in early to pick out your yarn and have it wound. Knit a 4x4 gauge swatch using US 2 needles. 32 stitches (8 stitches per inch) equals 4 inches. Make note of row gauge. Adjust needle size as needed.
1. Knit a Christmas Stocking using the same sock knitting techniques. Please call the shop to inquire about the required materials!
2. Schedule one or more of the class sessions to fit your schedule. No worries if you cannot make all three scheduled class sessions! Choose a morning, afternoon or week night! Please call the shop after you register to schedule!
3. Learn Magic Loop! After you register for the class book a 1 hour private lesson for $15.00 for an individual tutorial on knitting with Magic Loop. You will love using this technique when knitting socks! This price is only for those already registered for the sock class! Please call the shop to book your private lesson.
Shop phone number is 304-800-4229
Please review Bluefield Yarn Company's CLASS POLICIES here