CROCHET MITTEN CLASS
Ready to take your crochet skills to the next level? The Crochet Mittens Class, taught by resident expert crocheter Tammy Todd, will enhance your crochet skills and add to your repertoire!
Date: Saturday, January 20 from 2-5 pm at Bluefield Yarn Company
- $30.00 (when you purchase your yarn from Bluefield Yarn Company)
- $45.00 (when you use your own yarn)
Cost includes 3 hours of instruction and guidance, crochet mitten pattern, and refreshments
Participants will learn to use magic circle, decrease stitches, quadruple crochet, and attaching a thumb. Tammy will also demonstrate a beautiful braided effect on the cuff of the mitten and modifications for a fingerless mitt and a fold-over fingerless mitt.
Skill level: Advanced beginner; participants should know single crochet, double crochet, slip stitch.
Materials required: Size US H/5.0 mm crochet hook, 165 yards worsted weight yarn, two 3/4” buttons, yarn needle, removable stitch markers, & scissors.
It is recommended that you also bring one hook size smaller (4.5mm or a US G/4.0 mm) and one hook size larger (US I/5.5mm).
Homework: Pick up your pattern and purchase your yarn from Bluefield Yarn Company; crochet a gauge swatch according to the pattern; gauge is important to proper fit. If you are unsure about a gauge swatch please be sure to inquire at the shop for assistance!
Class size limited to 6 participants.
How to register:
- Visit Bluefield Yarn Company and register, pick up your pattern and purchase your yarn.
- Register online to secure your spot and stop by the store to pick up pattern and purchase yarn.
- Register online and order your yarn. Pattern will be sent with your order.
Please visit this link HERE to read the CLASS POLICY.